The right material for your tube will depend on your product’s formulation and its compatibility. We recommend stability testing to ensure your product is compatible with the tube material.
Plastic tubes can be monolayered or multilayered, depending on your product’s needs. The density of each layer determines the tube’s flexibility and barrier properties. Amber offers multiple material options, including, LLDPE (Linear Low Density Polyethylene), LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene), MDPE (Medium Density Polyethylene), HDPE (High Density Polyethylene), and EVOH (Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol Copolymer), and Soft Touch.
If you need assistance choosing the best material for your needs, please contact us .
LLDPE- Linear Low Density Polyethylene
- Most flexible material
- Very resistant to cracking
LDPE- Low Density Polyethylene
- Low rigidity
- Used for general purposes, ie creams, haircare, industrial products
MDPE-Medium Density Polyethylene
- Medium rigidity
- Can provide moisture barrier for some ingredients
HDPE-High Density Polyethylene
- Most rigid
- Greater moisture barrier properties than MDPE & LDPE
EVOH- Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol Copolymer (Gas Barrier Resin)
- Gas-oxygen barrier which keeps oxygen out to retain the fragrance, flavor, and quality of your product
- Blocks active ingredients, solvents, and essential oil molecules from migrating through the tube walls
- Protects your product from volume loss and extends shelf life
- Best for products with compatibility issues such as: sunscreens, foods, flavored lip products, mineral oils, pesticides, organic solvents, herbal products, and highly fragrant products